Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switched phone number from one iPhone to another. How to now switch data from old phone to new one?

my grandma has two iphones and she switched her number from the (white) one she was already using to the (grey) one. Now she also wants to switch alll the data (like apps, pictures, etc.) as well. How do you do this? The grey one I believe has another family member’s old Apple ID signed in. If she logs out of that and then logs in with her own ID is there a way for her to transfer the data? How so?

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 11:13 AM

bluepurple21 wrote:

my grandma has two iphones and she switched her number from the (white) one she was already using to the (grey) one. Now she also wants to switch alll the data (like apps, pictures, etc.) as well. How do you do this? The grey one I believe has another family member’s old Apple ID signed in. If she logs out of that and then logs in with her own ID is there a way for her to transfer the data? How so?

the first step What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support will need said family apple id info to erase the phone.

Once that is done, the next step Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 11:13 AM in response to bluepurple21

bluepurple21 wrote:

the first step What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support will need said family apple id info to erase the phone.

Once that is done, the next step Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Switched phone number from one iPhone to another. How to now switch data from old phone to new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.