Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app background activity causing battery to drain rapidly on iphone 8, 13.5.1

In the past 24 hours, I haven't used the Music app at all, yet it's top of my list for battery usage by app at 70% and says that it has been running for 17 hours and 5 minutes in the background. In the last 8 days, I have used Music on screen for 3 minutes but it has run for 119 hours 44 minutes in the background!!! It is seriously draining my battery and won't stop, despite closing out the app and all of my other apps. I pay $9.99/month for Apple Music and do not want to delete the Music app. When will Apple fix this issue?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 3:45 PM

Hello emm215,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are having an issue with battery life on your iPhone and you see Music showing unexpectedly in Settings > Battery. To help with this, please force close the Music app and then restart your iPhone. Then go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn Music off and test your situation again.

iPhone Battery and Performance

Restart your iPhone

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 3:45 PM in response to emm215

Hello emm215,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are having an issue with battery life on your iPhone and you see Music showing unexpectedly in Settings > Battery. To help with this, please force close the Music app and then restart your iPhone. Then go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn Music off and test your situation again.

iPhone Battery and Performance

Restart your iPhone

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Music app background activity causing battery to drain rapidly on iphone 8, 13.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.