Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PBS App AppleTV 1st Gen

I've been watching PBS on my Apple TV 1st generation without a glitch from home here in Costa Rica.

Couple of days ago I did a "restore" of the system (by mistake; I wanted to do a "restart").....and now PBS App is gone. Disappeared from my screen.

I checked on the Main Menu and is not "hidden".

It's just not there anymore.

Any advise?

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 7:34 AM

You have an Apple TV 3rd generation, please use Identify your Apple TV model in the future if you forget. Please update the Apple TV OS , you may have reverted to the oldest version and then re-test.

Update Apple TV (3rd generation)

1. Go to Settings > General > Software Updates.
  2. Select Update Software.
  3. If there's an update, download and install it.
  4. Wait for your Apple TV to download the update. Don't disconnect or unplug your Apple TV until the update completes.

After the update downloads, your Apple TV will restart, prepare the update, and install it. When the update is complete, your Apple TV will automatically restart again.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2020 7:34 AM in response to Padillaatlanta

You have an Apple TV 3rd generation, please use Identify your Apple TV model in the future if you forget. Please update the Apple TV OS , you may have reverted to the oldest version and then re-test.

Update Apple TV (3rd generation)

1. Go to Settings > General > Software Updates.
  2. Select Update Software.
  3. If there's an update, download and install it.
  4. Wait for your Apple TV to download the update. Don't disconnect or unplug your Apple TV until the update completes.

After the update downloads, your Apple TV will restart, prepare the update, and install it. When the update is complete, your Apple TV will automatically restart again.

PBS App AppleTV 1st Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.