You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is car play volume so low?

How do I fix the volume issue with car play? Music has to played at 85% and navigation, forget about it, I can’t hear Siri at all.

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 9:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 9:38 PM

I had this same issue with my CarPlay. When using CarPlay you need to use the car's audio adjustment system to change the volume of the music and voice assistant. First play some music and adjust the volume accordingly and then ask Siri something which she will respond verbally to such as "hey Siri, what's the weather?". If you don't hear Siri respond then try again and turn the volume up at the same time that you should hear Siri. This is something weird I've found with CarPlay where the audio volume is adjusted separately to Siri volume which means if you turn the volume down while Siri is talking the music will resume at the same volume it was previously.

I hope this helps. Feel free to respond to this if you run into any issues.

-Person

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2020 9:38 PM in response to Esch71

I had this same issue with my CarPlay. When using CarPlay you need to use the car's audio adjustment system to change the volume of the music and voice assistant. First play some music and adjust the volume accordingly and then ask Siri something which she will respond verbally to such as "hey Siri, what's the weather?". If you don't hear Siri respond then try again and turn the volume up at the same time that you should hear Siri. This is something weird I've found with CarPlay where the audio volume is adjusted separately to Siri volume which means if you turn the volume down while Siri is talking the music will resume at the same volume it was previously.

I hope this helps. Feel free to respond to this if you run into any issues.

-Person

Why is car play volume so low?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.