Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP16 WIFI issues with Airpods Pro

Whenever I connect Airpods Pro to my MBP16 the internet (WIFI) becomes unbearable slow. The moment I disconnect my Airpods Pro the internet connection is back.

I am unaware whether it's hardware related or OS related. Please help me out. Previously I had the same issue with BOSE SoundSport Earbuds I though maybe non Apple products have compatibility issues with it but I was wrong.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 11:29 PM

Sorry the issue wasn't with Airpods Pro or WIFI Router or MBP16. The issue was with Type-C Docking Hub that I was using for extended Monitor. I am still wondering what's the relation with Type-C Docking Hub and MBP Wireless but this is what's happening and it's confirm.

When I use Type-C Docking Hub and Airpods Pro or any other bluetooth headphones the internet causes issue.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2020 11:29 PM in response to BDAqua

Sorry the issue wasn't with Airpods Pro or WIFI Router or MBP16. The issue was with Type-C Docking Hub that I was using for extended Monitor. I am still wondering what's the relation with Type-C Docking Hub and MBP Wireless but this is what's happening and it's confirm.

When I use Type-C Docking Hub and Airpods Pro or any other bluetooth headphones the internet causes issue.

Jul 14, 2020 7:57 AM in response to BDAqua

Thank you for your Response. The router I am using is 2.4 Ghz. Complete specs are here:

https://e.huawei.com/se/products/enterprise-transmission-access/access/onu/echolife-eg8247h5

The router is located within 10 meters but there are 2 walls in between. Is that an issue? Normally I get full WIFI signals on my MBP16 also my iPhone works ok with that. The moment I switch from Airpods to Laptop Speakers the internet is back.

MBP16 WIFI issues with Airpods Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.