Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create Table with Multiple Pages in Pages version 10.1

I've created a table in Pages (Version 10.1). I need it to flow to a second page, but when I get to the bottom of the page, the table just stops. How do I get the table to automatically flow to additional pages as needed?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 5:50 AM

Select your table. In the Pages Arrange panel, set Object Placement to Move with Text, and Text Wrap to Inline with Text. Any other setting will stop the table expansion on the first page. Pages only splits tables on row boundaries, and does not split rows themselves — unlike LibreOffice Writer or MS Word.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2020 5:50 AM in response to Patrick Murphy

Select your table. In the Pages Arrange panel, set Object Placement to Move with Text, and Text Wrap to Inline with Text. Any other setting will stop the table expansion on the first page. Pages only splits tables on row boundaries, and does not split rows themselves — unlike LibreOffice Writer or MS Word.

Jul 14, 2020 3:48 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for your reply. When I select the table and go to the Pages Arrange panel, I cannot set Object Placement to "Move with Text". It is grayed out (see attached image). In the Text Wrap, I don't see an option named "Inline with Text".

So maybe I am doing something wrong that I can't visualize....Can you help me some more? What might I be doing to create this problem?

Create Table with Multiple Pages in Pages version 10.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.