Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcast connect

I am trying to manage a podcast that was started by my company 6 years ago. I don't have access to the ID that was used to set up the original RSS feed so I cannot manage the podcast.

Is there anyway to update the podcast so that It is connect to my apple ID so I can manage the account?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 1:45 PM

I don't see how this will be possible. The podcast belongs to the owner of the Apple ID used to submit it, and for obvious reasons Podcasts Support aren't going to shift it to another ID (even if this is technically possibly, which I don't know) without the authority of the original owner. You can ask Support and see whether they can improve on my estimate: go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Of course, there's nothing to stop you adding or deleting episodes if you have access to the feed: for this purpose access to the feed is considered sufficient authority: but you won't be able to get statistics (such as they are, and they're not complete) or delete or refresh the feed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2020 1:45 PM in response to H_accion

I don't see how this will be possible. The podcast belongs to the owner of the Apple ID used to submit it, and for obvious reasons Podcasts Support aren't going to shift it to another ID (even if this is technically possibly, which I don't know) without the authority of the original owner. You can ask Support and see whether they can improve on my estimate: go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Of course, there's nothing to stop you adding or deleting episodes if you have access to the feed: for this purpose access to the feed is considered sufficient authority: but you won't be able to get statistics (such as they are, and they're not complete) or delete or refresh the feed.

podcast connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.