Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast connect doesnt work?

I've created a podcast. It requires both a manager and an admin. The same person cannot do both. But both need an Apple ID. I created a new apple ID to "manage" the account. But this is VERY confusing. Also I still get an error message when I try to access "details" in order to enter my podcast RSS etc. I don't LIKE having two separate Apple IDs. Any advice as to how to get my podcast on Apple?

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 11:11 PM

I'm afraid I can only suggest contacting Podcasts Support: https://itunespartner.apple.com/contact/?content_type=podcasts

6 replies

Jan 3, 2022 2:52 PM in response to nowsthetime

Why do you need both a manager and and admin? Is this something Podcasts connect is demanding? - I've never heard of it doing that, and AFAIK you need just one Apple ID to submit and manage the podcast and not other ID can access it.

Anchor offers the choice of their doing the submission (under their own ID) or letting you submit the feed, which is preferable and I assume that is what you are doing. I've not seen anyone else using Anchor saying they need two IDs.

Jan 3, 2022 3:25 PM in response to nowsthetime

This is what I get. Always. Because it asked for a "manager" as well as an admin, I tried to enter my same Apple ID it it told me I couldn't. I simply can't open the "details" tab. Period.

Can you suggest a way I can start over. I may have erred when I tried to set it up.

(PS I didn't create my Anchor account using my apple ID. They said they'd add that ID into my feed after the fact.

Podcast connect doesnt work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.