Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2018

my MacBook Air is about a year and three months old and I updated it and now it won’t turn on. I did go to Apple and they tried all the buttons to see if it would turn on but nothing is working they said they could send it out for around $500 but that’s half of what the laptop cost any suggestions?

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 1:40 PM

I understand after updating macOS, your Mac won't turn on at all, and just appears to be dead. Please review all the applicable steps provided below.

Begin with If your Mac doesn't turn on.

Read and follow each of its steps, including all the links within it, all the way through and including Step 4, which directs you to:

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen

Read and follow each of it steps also, all the way through and including the end, which takes you to:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

The estimate they provided is just that. They are unable to proceed without a hands-on inspection. The eventual repair cost may be more or less than the estimate.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2020 1:40 PM in response to Dani_422

I understand after updating macOS, your Mac won't turn on at all, and just appears to be dead. Please review all the applicable steps provided below.

Begin with If your Mac doesn't turn on.

Read and follow each of its steps, including all the links within it, all the way through and including Step 4, which directs you to:

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen

Read and follow each of it steps also, all the way through and including the end, which takes you to:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

The estimate they provided is just that. They are unable to proceed without a hands-on inspection. The eventual repair cost may be more or less than the estimate.

MacBook Air 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.