Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question pertaining to "Legacy System Extension".

Is there an updated version of your software available or planned.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 6:08 PM

You should always wait a few iterations of a new OS to get the bugs worked out, that's likely a year from now!

No need to worry, but to see them, just don't upgrade to 10.16 if the developers don't have updates...

About this Mac>System Report>Software>Extensions, click on Obtained from Header, all that aren't Apple are Legacy.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2020 6:08 PM in response to me50y

You should always wait a few iterations of a new OS to get the bugs worked out, that's likely a year from now!

No need to worry, but to see them, just don't upgrade to 10.16 if the developers don't have updates...

About this Mac>System Report>Software>Extensions, click on Obtained from Header, all that aren't Apple are Legacy.

Jul 14, 2020 2:59 PM in response to me50y

I am receiving a message regarding legacy system extensions: "Existing software on your system loaded a system extension signed by "Developer_Name" which will be incompatible with a future version of macOS. Contact the developer for support."

What will I need to do? How do I reach the developer?

Question pertaining to "Legacy System Extension".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.