Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to transfer a SIM card to my new iPhone? If so where is it?

I am trying to set up a new iPhone. Do I have a SIM card in my old phone? Am I supposed to do something? The new phone says “NoSIM”

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 3:08 PM

No way to know if you have one or not. ts normal to have a sim card, as that is what holds your cellular service settings and phone number. You can transfer the sim from an old phone to a new one to move the service over if the old phone uses the same size sim card as the new one, or contact your carrier and request a new one if the size is not correct.

Where it is on a phone depends on the phone.

Start here: Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2020 3:08 PM in response to luci163

No way to know if you have one or not. ts normal to have a sim card, as that is what holds your cellular service settings and phone number. You can transfer the sim from an old phone to a new one to move the service over if the old phone uses the same size sim card as the new one, or contact your carrier and request a new one if the size is not correct.

Where it is on a phone depends on the phone.

Start here: Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Do I have to transfer a SIM card to my new iPhone? If so where is it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.