You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting up new I phone 12

My new I phone 12 seems to already have a sim card. do I need to move the sim card from my old phone?

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 11:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 11:13 AM

If your current phone was not a 5G capable phone, no. You may need to contact your cellular provider to activate your phone number on the new phone however.

But, if your new phone is tied to your number already and you can make and receive calls, you really don't need to do anything. It may have come already programmed to the eSim in your new phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2021 11:13 AM in response to jpflbb

If your current phone was not a 5G capable phone, no. You may need to contact your cellular provider to activate your phone number on the new phone however.

But, if your new phone is tied to your number already and you can make and receive calls, you really don't need to do anything. It may have come already programmed to the eSim in your new phone.

setting up new I phone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.