Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import an album into Apple Music on an IMAC is not working

Catalina 10.15.5; Apple Music 1.0.5.14

I have not tried to import an album since going to Catalina so this might be something very simple. I have a CD which I downloaded the music files to my IMAC. The tracks are in AIFF format. I can play the album through Apple Music (formally iTunes) without an issue. When I try to Add To Library it will not add. I can find it in the recently added playlists as a smart playlist but not with the rest of my albums. This is the way that I used to import music as I have kept my music outside it iTunes since my first IMAC. Any help or insight would be aprreciated.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 5:04 PM

Hi Ed,

It played but I cold not find it under albums or under artists so I did what the obvious. I deleted the 2 albums and tried Add to Library. When that did not work I did it again. And when that did not work I did it a third time. I am kind of persistent. Anyhow the third time was the charm. I can now find the 2 albums in both recently added and albums under library. I have not idea why it worked this last time but I have what I want.

Thank you for the follow up,

Jeff

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 5:04 PM in response to ed2345

Hi Ed,

It played but I cold not find it under albums or under artists so I did what the obvious. I deleted the 2 albums and tried Add to Library. When that did not work I did it again. And when that did not work I did it a third time. I am kind of persistent. Anyhow the third time was the charm. I can now find the 2 albums in both recently added and albums under library. I have not idea why it worked this last time but I have what I want.

Thank you for the follow up,

Jeff

Jul 16, 2020 8:52 AM in response to Jeffschu1

Jeff,

When you import (rip) a CD, the files automatically go into your library, without a separate "add to library" step being required.

If the tracks are showing up in Recently Added, then they are in your library. Depending on how they are tagged, they may not be where you expect them. If you right-click the track in Recently Added, you can use Show in Finder to see the actual file.

Jul 16, 2020 9:49 AM in response to ed2345

Hi Ed2345,

That would be true if I used Music to rip the CD. I just copied the tracks. In Music there are 2 recently added. There is the one that is under Library which shows items recently added to the library. There is a second Recently Added which is under Playlists. My tracks only appear in this Recently Added and not in the first one therefore they are not in my library.

Thank you for the reply,

Jeff

Import an album into Apple Music on an IMAC is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.