Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I change my Screen Time Passcode

My Screen Time Passcode doesn’t work, so I tried to change it using the “forgot passcode” option. When I entered my Apple ID and password, it didn’t do anything and marked it as a “failed attempt”. Why is this happening, and how can I change my passcode?

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 10:42 AM

Here is Apple’s guidance on changing/removing/reseting the ScreeTime passcode.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211021

If you are currently running and version of iPadOS prior to iPadOS 13.4.1, update to this version if you can. Once updated to iPadOS 13.4.1, a mechanism exists to reset the ScreenTime passcode.

If you cannot update to iPadOS 13.4.1, or you have an earlier version of iOS installed, it is not possible to reset a forgotten ScreeTime passcode. Instead, you must erase and set-up again as new - and will not be able to restore data from you backup (the backup will contain the encrypted ScreenTime passcode that has been forgotten).

I hope this clarification is helpful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2020 10:42 AM in response to cz623

Here is Apple’s guidance on changing/removing/reseting the ScreeTime passcode.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211021

If you are currently running and version of iPadOS prior to iPadOS 13.4.1, update to this version if you can. Once updated to iPadOS 13.4.1, a mechanism exists to reset the ScreenTime passcode.

If you cannot update to iPadOS 13.4.1, or you have an earlier version of iOS installed, it is not possible to reset a forgotten ScreeTime passcode. Instead, you must erase and set-up again as new - and will not be able to restore data from you backup (the backup will contain the encrypted ScreenTime passcode that has been forgotten).

I hope this clarification is helpful.

Jul 15, 2020 2:43 PM in response to LotusPilot

I have already read and done what Apple says to do, but it doesn’t work.

My iPad is updated to iOS 13.5, so that isn’t the problem.

When I tried to rest all settings, it still required my Screen Time Passcode.

My main concern is that using the “forgot screen time passcode” option doesn’t work, even though the information I entered is correct. Also, I haven’t actually forgotten my screen time passcode since I had written it down; it just doesn’t work.

Thank you for your help though!

Why can’t I change my Screen Time Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.