Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now Playing app on Apple Watch

Apple Watch no longer opens Now Playing app when listening to music on iPhone 7. How can I fix this? If I open the app manually it only shows Now Playing on my watch.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 1:28 PM

Hello JLARMSTRONG,

We understand that the Now Playing app no longer opens on your Apple Watch when listening to music on your iPhone. We're happy to assist you with this!

Let's try the steps in the article below for help with that app not opening on your watch.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Restart the phone and watch and test to see if the app is now working on your watch.

Let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2020 1:28 PM in response to JLARMSTRONG

Hello JLARMSTRONG,

We understand that the Now Playing app no longer opens on your Apple Watch when listening to music on your iPhone. We're happy to assist you with this!

Let's try the steps in the article below for help with that app not opening on your watch.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Restart the phone and watch and test to see if the app is now working on your watch.

Let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Now Playing app on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.