Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My I watch keeps asking for my Apple ID password but when I try to use the keyboard the home screen appears

My Apple Watch keeps asking for my Apple ID password. But it returns me to the home screen when I try to use the I watch keyboard to enter. What does it want?

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 7:40 AM

Hey DownTimeTech,

It sounds like you're having trouble entering your Apple ID password because it closes and reverts to the Home screen.

As a first step, be sure to restart both the iPhone and the Apple Watch:

Restart your iPhone

How to restart your Apple Watch

If that doesn't help, also try updating:

Update your Apple Watch

If it's still closing the log-in screen, try unpairing the Apple Watch and setting it up again. When you unpair, the data will be erased from your Apple Watch but a backup is also created when unpairing. You can still make a manual backup using these steps: Back up your Apple Watch

When you're ready, use these steps to unpair the Apple Watch and set it up again: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch. Then pair and set it up again: Set up your Apple Watch

Keep us updated. Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 7:40 AM in response to DownTimeTech

Hey DownTimeTech,

It sounds like you're having trouble entering your Apple ID password because it closes and reverts to the Home screen.

As a first step, be sure to restart both the iPhone and the Apple Watch:

Restart your iPhone

How to restart your Apple Watch

If that doesn't help, also try updating:

Update your Apple Watch

If it's still closing the log-in screen, try unpairing the Apple Watch and setting it up again. When you unpair, the data will be erased from your Apple Watch but a backup is also created when unpairing. You can still make a manual backup using these steps: Back up your Apple Watch

When you're ready, use these steps to unpair the Apple Watch and set it up again: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch. Then pair and set it up again: Set up your Apple Watch

Keep us updated. Cheers!

My I watch keeps asking for my Apple ID password but when I try to use the keyboard the home screen appears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.