Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My I watch keeps asking for my Apple ID password but when I try to use the keyboard the home screen appears

My Apple Watch keeps asking for my Apple ID password. But it returns me to the home screen when I try to use the I watch keyboard to enter. What does it want?

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 7:40 AM

Hey DownTimeTech,

It sounds like you're having trouble entering your Apple ID password because it closes and reverts to the Home screen.

As a first step, be sure to restart both the iPhone and the Apple Watch:

Restart your iPhone

How to restart your Apple Watch

If that doesn't help, also try updating:

Update your Apple Watch

If it's still closing the log-in screen, try unpairing the Apple Watch and setting it up again. When you unpair, the data will be erased from your Apple Watch but a backup is also created when unpairing. You can still make a manual backup using these steps: Back up your Apple Watch

When you're ready, use these steps to unpair the Apple Watch and set it up again: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch. Then pair and set it up again: Set up your Apple Watch

Keep us updated. Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 7:40 AM in response to DownTimeTech

Hey DownTimeTech,

It sounds like you're having trouble entering your Apple ID password because it closes and reverts to the Home screen.

As a first step, be sure to restart both the iPhone and the Apple Watch:

Restart your iPhone

How to restart your Apple Watch

If that doesn't help, also try updating:

Update your Apple Watch

If it's still closing the log-in screen, try unpairing the Apple Watch and setting it up again. When you unpair, the data will be erased from your Apple Watch but a backup is also created when unpairing. You can still make a manual backup using these steps: Back up your Apple Watch

When you're ready, use these steps to unpair the Apple Watch and set it up again: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch. Then pair and set it up again: Set up your Apple Watch

Keep us updated. Cheers!

My I watch keeps asking for my Apple ID password but when I try to use the keyboard the home screen appears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.