Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

verification code sent to US number while I can’t use my US SIM card in Iran :(

Hello

I’ve been stuck in Iran for awhile and can’t sign into my iCloud because of two step verification. Trying to chat online or calling iCloud support to see how I can solve this issue. Called ( long distance, there is no free calling option from Iran) Apple support, on hold for 30 minutes and gave up.

Any idea what to do?

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 3:25 PM

Your next best option would be to contact specifically Apple ID Security Support - Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.

2 replies

Jul 16, 2020 4:49 PM in response to mahnaz2020

Note that Apple has no support site nor support number in Iran. Apple doesn’t do business at all in Iran and never has. So there is no way, from within Iran, to get any Apple support for any Apple product or service.

You cannot get a 2FA code using an Iranian SIM because Apple doesn’t offer AppleID’s or any AppleID associated service in Iran. So there is no iCloud thus no iCloud notifications for codes, and no backup SMS code sent to an Iranian telephone number.

Whether you could get one using your US SIM and roaming on an Iranian network, I don’t know. But as long as you’re using an Iranian telephone number on an Iranian network, there will be no way to get a 2FA code.

Apple simply has never had any business presence, of any kind, in Iran.

verification code sent to US number while I can’t use my US SIM card in Iran :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.