Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I get an email from my iCloud account it does not let me know right away

Hello,

It has seemed recently that when I get an email from my iCloud account it does not let me know right away like it use to. I have to open up my mail app and then it will download the email. So, kind of frustrating in that I do not know if I have an email until sometime later when I go and see if there is any. It used to let me know when it arrived right away.

Any suggestions as to why this is? Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 1:54 PM

Hi there ajoroensen59,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you're seeing that the Mail app isn't checking for new emails until you open the app. You're in the right place, and we'd be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Below is a resource that can help:

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We'd advise checking out the steps in the "Check Mail Fetch and Notification settings" as this can help to resolve issues with the mail app not checking for emails until it's opened.

We hope this helps,

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 1:54 PM in response to ajoroensen59

Hi there ajoroensen59,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you're seeing that the Mail app isn't checking for new emails until you open the app. You're in the right place, and we'd be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Below is a resource that can help:

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We'd advise checking out the steps in the "Check Mail Fetch and Notification settings" as this can help to resolve issues with the mail app not checking for emails until it's opened.

We hope this helps,

Cheers!

When I get an email from my iCloud account it does not let me know right away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.