Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac App Store does not recognize installed Apps

Hello Community,

for a few weeks, I have an issue with the Mac App Store on my MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina 10.15.6). Installed apps via the store are only recognized by the OS until the next restart. After a restart the Mac App Store does not recognize the installed apps anymore, instead, it shows the "Cloud"-icon to download and install the app.

My failed approaches to fix the issue are as follows:

- delete Mac App Store Cache and restart the system

- log out Apple ID (system), wait 30 seconds, restart OS, log in with Apple ID

Any suggestions to fix the issue?

Kind regards,

Simon

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 10:27 AM

8 replies

Jul 21, 2020 5:39 AM in response to i_rina

Hey i_rina,

I tested both suggested approaches.

1.) The new user account had the same issues. After creating, logging into Mac App Store, downloading and installing a purchased App, restarting the OS and again the Mac App Store does not recognize my installed Apps correctly. Accordingly to the Mac App Store the App is not installed, although it is ...

2.) Restarting the OS and pressing the key "D" automatically started the diagnosis, which found no problems (reference code ADP000).

Any further suggestions?

Best regards

Jul 23, 2020 3:15 AM in response to gianluigi32

Hey Gianluigi,

I have not solved my issue, yet.

A few minutes ago I contacted Apple Support. They know this problem to some extent, because from time to time some customers report such an incident to Apple. However, the Apple Support suggested to reinstall the MacOS via the Recovery Modus. If that does not fix the issue, I should try a completely new installation of macOS Catalina.

Unfortunately, I am busy and will not be able to test it in the next days... May you can test it and report if it works.

Kind regards

Mac App Store does not recognize installed Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.