Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emergency SOS as a Complication for Apple Watch Series 5

Is it possible to make "Emergency SOS" call option a complication?

I purchased Apple Watches (Series 5 with cellular) for my parents and would like to make it as simple and quick as possible for them to make an emergency 911 call. I am aware that they can hold down the side button and then use the slide to make the call. I thought that if the Emergency SOS function was a complication it could be placed right on the face of the watch and therefore could/would be quicker and simpler.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 11:32 AM

I'm not aware of Emergency SOS being a complication that can work on the Watch. There are a couple of methods to use Emergency SOS on the Watch. See this, Make an emergency phone call on Apple Watch - Apple Support They can also press and hold the side button until a countdown starts.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 16, 2020 11:32 AM in response to NewmaticJack

There isn't a complication for SOS,probably because there would be too many accidental calls to the emergency services,the way it works now means that it would be very difficult to call by accident.

Emergency SOS as a Complication for Apple Watch Series 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.