Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple watch fall detection be configured to only call emergency contacts vs 911?

My father is not tech savy, and his ability to learn is gone. He lives at home with my brother and does, on occasion fall. It would be ideal if we could set up his watch to dial my brother/sister if he falls vs 911, as typically he doesn't need 911. If it will only dial 911, we won't be able to use this option (pity).

A prior response to a similar question said that if he doesn't cancel the 911 notification - he probably needs 911. Sorry, but this is not true. He simply will ignore his watch and not understand - and can't easily see (he's legally blind) what is says.

So PLEASE give an option to allow the watch to only call or text a select set of people - this would be fantastic and I'd buy him a watch tomorrow if this were available! If course my next challenge would be how long the charge lasts and getting him to wear it.....but one thing at a time!

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

2 replies

Can Apple watch fall detection be configured to only call emergency contacts vs 911?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.