Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update

I am trying to upgrade my mac OS from macOS Mojave10.14.6 to macOS Catalina 10.15.5. I have a MacBook Air, early 2015 version.

I have the Catalina package downloaded but when I double click to open it, this message appears:

"This update requires macOS version 10.15."

What do I need to do to do so that I can complete the update on my computer to Catalina 10.15.5 (or .6)?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 2:41 PM

You need to download the complete update directly from the Software Update option in System Preferences

The update available on Apple's website is only a partial version update that requires the base Catalina system be already installed. It is not the full update.

See here: How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 2:41 PM in response to equigley94

You need to download the complete update directly from the Software Update option in System Preferences

The update available on Apple's website is only a partial version update that requires the base Catalina system be already installed. It is not the full update.

See here: How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

Software Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.