Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem updating macOS from Mojave 10.14.6 to Catalina 10.15.x

When I check for OS updates on my iMac (Retina 5K, 27, 2017) running Mojave 10.14.6 it indicates it is up to date which is not correct. The latest version is Catalina.

I went to the AppStore to get macOS Catalina and I get the error message "Update not found. Requested version of macOS is not available."

I have also downloaded 10.15.1 through 10.15.4 and attempted to install but I get the error "This update requires macOS version 10.15."

How to I update from Mojave to Catalina?

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 3:21 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 25, 2020 1:10 PM in response to judykish

Hey! Unfortunately, you're probably going to spend your day updating your mac. Make sure you have enough storage for all of the updates, you're going to have to begin updating from Sierra and make your way up to Catalina! It turns out it's just too high of a jump to go from Capitan to Catalina! https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208969 here is the link to Apple's sight to get you started on High Sierra ! Hope this helps! If for some reason you can't go straight to High Sierra try getting Sierra first!

Apr 9, 2020 2:29 AM in response to mike6010

HI, new to mac here! So I have a 2017 MacBook Air running 10.11.16. I've tried updating my mac via app store but when I click the "Download" button it stays grey but doesn't begin the download. So I attempted to have my system preferences look for the update but it says my mac is up to date. I downloaded 10.15.1 to try and install but it did not work, I got the same error message as you. I typed in the command and ran system preferences and nothing again. Any help? I attached images for context.

Apr 9, 2020 4:28 AM in response to Macnewbie30

Macnewbie30

Running the command in terminal did reset the flag so I could use the AppStore to download the update the latest which is 10.15.4. I did get an error while downloading that required me to restart the Mac in Safe Mode (restart the Mac and holding down the shift key until the login prompt appears). I did need to run the command "sudo softwareupdate --reset-ignored" again.

Problem updating macOS from Mojave 10.14.6 to Catalina 10.15.x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.