Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble updating i Mac OS from High Sierra to Catalina - Help

I hope someone here can help me. I have a 27' iMac, Late 2013 model, and am currently running it on High Sierra OS. I am unable to use a specific photo editing software because I need to upgrade to Catalina OS. So I went to Apple support and downloaded an updated Catalina. I open the .pkg file but I get an alert which says "This update requires macOS version 10.15". So I go back to the site, try to look for 10.15 sharp, but its nowhere to be found. I request an apple support ticket but am given an error message. So I thought, maybe if I update to Mojave first, then update to Catalina. Look for Mojave 10.14, nowhere to be found, download a more recent version anyway & same thing happens. I google download Catalina 10.15, and found a couple of sketchy looking sites, I download a zip from one, and get an alert from my antivirus, so I cancel. I already checked the system requirements and my iMac does indeed support Catalina. Can anyone guide me on how to be able to install Catalina?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 4:52 PM

you need to do a search and study on how to install macOS on a Mac. You MUST boot into the installer before you can erase a drive or install macOS to a drive. There are a few reliable methods for this. Anyway whatever you decide make sure you save your data FIRST.

Similar questions

2 replies

Trouble updating i Mac OS from High Sierra to Catalina - Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.