Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic capitalization

In every app on iPad and iPhone, whenever I insert a correction or make an addition in the middle of a sentence, the first word is capitalized. I Tried turning off the capitalization feature, but then was completely frustrated because I’m used to the automatic capital at the beginning of a sentence. This seems to have started with a recent upgrade. I am using the iPad keyboard.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 3:16 PM

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

4 replies

Jul 16, 2020 3:24 PM in response to skunkcrossing

Auto-capitalisation in iPadOS 13.4.1 and later, if enabled, does appear to be somewhat erratic in its application. 

At this time, there doesn’t appear to be an available workaround short of disabling Auto-Capitalisation:

Settings > General > Keyboard > Auto-Capitalisation - set to OFF

I suggest that you document any difficulties you experience - and submit feedback to Apple using the appropriate feedback page:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Automatic capitalization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.