Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving notes to icloud

So I moved all my notes to iCloud storage but it’s still appearing on the iPhone storage. I’m confused but all my notes are on iCloud not. Also every time I moved a note to iCloud it took up more iPhone storage not less.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 2:28 PM

Using iCloud to store your data means that your data will be stored in iCloud plus a smaller footprint of the data will also be stored on your device(s). This is probably the reason you're seeing the data appear on your iPhone as well. iCloud is a syncing service and not a traditional cloud-based system, e.g. Dropbox.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2020 2:28 PM in response to romehadey

Using iCloud to store your data means that your data will be stored in iCloud plus a smaller footprint of the data will also be stored on your device(s). This is probably the reason you're seeing the data appear on your iPhone as well. iCloud is a syncing service and not a traditional cloud-based system, e.g. Dropbox.

Moving notes to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.