Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are Notes in iCloud available offline?

I moved some of my Notes to iCloud to save space and also so they can be accessed elsewhere. But my iCloud Notes are still available if my phone is offline (airplane mose/wifi off). So, why is there a copy stored locally? I thought one of the reasons for using iCloud is to save space locally on the iPhone?

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 12:00 PM

Hi Volvo_Dude,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have questions about how the Notes app works with iCloud.

Notes with iCloud allows you to sync your notes across all of your devices. While some features, like iCloud Photos, support optimizing the internal storage on your device, Notes with iCloud is currently for syncing purposes only.

Check out Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you'd like to share your feedback directly with Apple, we encourage you to do so here: Product Feedback

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2021 12:00 PM in response to Volvo_Dude

Hi Volvo_Dude,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have questions about how the Notes app works with iCloud.

Notes with iCloud allows you to sync your notes across all of your devices. While some features, like iCloud Photos, support optimizing the internal storage on your device, Notes with iCloud is currently for syncing purposes only.

Check out Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you'd like to share your feedback directly with Apple, we encourage you to do so here: Product Feedback

Cheers!

May 10, 2021 2:50 AM in response to Volvo_Dude

Its the same with almost anything streamed from a cloud server/drive, example my google drive shows all my docs, but only ones i download and make offline remain on my ipad,

then a day later i got this message saying my ipad could not sync unless i freed up space, turned out google drive app also downloaded everything inside the folder i temporarily viewed offline., i had to un install the app and documents to regain my hard disk space again cause erasing it from within the google drive app would mean erasing it from the cloud too., not a pleasant experience.

Cant wait till devices come with 2TB+ drives, most Profesionall use max 2TB

Why are Notes in iCloud available offline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.