Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I delete an update?

How do I uninstall a software update

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 7:11 AM

rprocter1.icloud.com Said:

"How do I uninstall a software update"

-------

What exactly did you update? If it is the macOS, then restore to a Time Machine Backup you Mac prior to the installation.

Important: Create a Time Machine Backup, First:

Prior to the installation of your updates, be certain to backup your Mac using a Time Machine Backup. That way, you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the install (i.e. wanting to uninstall the update). Use an external hard drive that is at least 1.5 the total storage capacity.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2020 7:11 AM in response to rprocter1.icloud.com

rprocter1.icloud.com Said:

"How do I uninstall a software update"

-------

What exactly did you update? If it is the macOS, then restore to a Time Machine Backup you Mac prior to the installation.

Important: Create a Time Machine Backup, First:

Prior to the installation of your updates, be certain to backup your Mac using a Time Machine Backup. That way, you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the install (i.e. wanting to uninstall the update). Use an external hard drive that is at least 1.5 the total storage capacity.

how do I delete an update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.