Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unpause my software update

How do I unpause my software update it keeps pausing

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 7:30 AM

To update over the air from the phone all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 6 GB of free storage
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot) unless it is an iPhone 12 or 13 series with an active 5G network connection
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN, and it may be necessary to delete any VPN apps and VPN profiles
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode
  • You cannot still have a beta version installed on the phone
  • You cannot have a previous version that was downloaded, but not installed - go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage to look; if you find an iOS installer, delete it

If you can't meet all of them you can still update using your computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 7:30 AM in response to janiya184

To update over the air from the phone all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 6 GB of free storage
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot) unless it is an iPhone 12 or 13 series with an active 5G network connection
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN, and it may be necessary to delete any VPN apps and VPN profiles
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode
  • You cannot still have a beta version installed on the phone
  • You cannot have a previous version that was downloaded, but not installed - go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage to look; if you find an iOS installer, delete it

If you can't meet all of them you can still update using your computer.

How do I unpause my software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.