Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new apple watch is asking me to sign in to wrong apple id. how do I switch the apple id to sign in to to complete the set up?

I have 2 apple ID's (that was a mistake, of course) and I prefer using my original one, which is the one I am signed into on my iphone. I just purchased an apple watch and am setting it up - syncing with iphone. I get a message asking me to sign in to complete purchase by entering the password for the wrong apple id. How do I change it to the correct apple ID?

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 9:23 AM

Open your Apple Watch app on your phone and go to “My Watch”

Go to Settings/General & turn off Automatic App Install.

Now go back to “My Watch” and scroll to the bottom to see “Available Apps”.

Any apps you see that are trying to install are the culprits causing the notifications!

Delete those apps from your phone, and if necessary reinstall them with your Apple ID used currently.

Turn Automatic App Install back on if necessary.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2020 9:23 AM in response to TeamKipp

Open your Apple Watch app on your phone and go to “My Watch”

Go to Settings/General & turn off Automatic App Install.

Now go back to “My Watch” and scroll to the bottom to see “Available Apps”.

Any apps you see that are trying to install are the culprits causing the notifications!

Delete those apps from your phone, and if necessary reinstall them with your Apple ID used currently.

Turn Automatic App Install back on if necessary.

My new apple watch is asking me to sign in to wrong apple id. how do I switch the apple id to sign in to to complete the set up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.