Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE 2020 3D touch lock screen

Why doesn't 3D touch / long press work on the lock screen for notifications? I just moved from an iPhone 7 to the SE and the feature no longer works,

I have 2 factor authentication for work and use the long-press on lock screen multiple times a day. The removal of the feature from the SE is terrible.

I hope this is a bug that will be correctly soon.

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 12:13 PM

Hi there tjameswhite,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you just purchased your iPhone SE (2nd generation), but you're not finding a way to use 3D Touch, like you had on your iPhone 7. We can help address this concern.

Taking a look over this article Change 3D or Haptic Touch sensitivity on your iPhone - Apple Support, it states the following,

"These devices support Haptic Touch: iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, and iPhone XR. These devices support 3D Touch: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max."

3D Touch was replaced with Haptic Touch on the iPhone SE (2nd generation) model. With Haptic Touch, you can still long press on app icons, or items on your Lock screen. Head over to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Haptic Touch, and choose from 'Fast' or 'Slow' to see which option you prefer.

When viewing notifications specifically from the Lock screen following the steps in Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support, Haptic Touch is not supported on this model of iPhone. You can manage your notifications using the following steps instead:

"On iPhone SE (2nd generation), swipe left on the notification, then tap View to see the notification and perform any quick actions that the app supports."

Feel free to leave feedback for Apple, as well: Product Feedback - Apple.

Best regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 12:13 PM in response to tjameswhite

Hi there tjameswhite,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you just purchased your iPhone SE (2nd generation), but you're not finding a way to use 3D Touch, like you had on your iPhone 7. We can help address this concern.

Taking a look over this article Change 3D or Haptic Touch sensitivity on your iPhone - Apple Support, it states the following,

"These devices support Haptic Touch: iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, and iPhone XR. These devices support 3D Touch: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max."

3D Touch was replaced with Haptic Touch on the iPhone SE (2nd generation) model. With Haptic Touch, you can still long press on app icons, or items on your Lock screen. Head over to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Haptic Touch, and choose from 'Fast' or 'Slow' to see which option you prefer.

When viewing notifications specifically from the Lock screen following the steps in Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support, Haptic Touch is not supported on this model of iPhone. You can manage your notifications using the following steps instead:

"On iPhone SE (2nd generation), swipe left on the notification, then tap View to see the notification and perform any quick actions that the app supports."

Feel free to leave feedback for Apple, as well: Product Feedback - Apple.

Best regards.

Jul 23, 2020 8:21 AM in response to Sharon_419

"When viewing notifications specifically from the Lock screen following the steps in Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support, Haptic Touch is not supported on this model of iPhone. You can manage your notifications using the following steps instead: " (emphasis mine)

WHY? Why is the SE 2020 the only phone in the lineup where you can't interact with notifications on the lock screen?

It worked on my iPhone 7. It works on the X and 11 (as I understand it), so why not the SE as well? There seems to be no technical reason for this and it is massively inconvenient for users. I use the feature multiple times a day -- at least I use to.

iPhone SE 2020 3D touch lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.