You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

Hi,

I am thinking about getting the Apple TV device for an extended desktop and watching content purchased on the TV app but my tv doesn't have inbuilt wifi or bluetooth. It does however have HDMI. Please could someone tell me if this should work?

Thanks

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 4:24 PM

2 replies

Jul 18, 2020 12:43 PM in response to Rudegar

Ah, that's great news thanks :))

Just a few more questions if that's ok:

• The main use is airplay 2 with MacBook as extended desktop. Do the computers usually get very hot and loud (fan) with this if it's on a desk?
  • I got phone in November so have 1 year Apple TV+ offer, can I get offer again with Apple TV?
  • Does 4k TV box work still with HD TV screen and with HD Content or does it resize weirdly
  • Is it usually laggy when on a good wifi network (approx 53 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload) using airplay
  • Can you back it up to iCloud - app configurations etc
  • Finally, can we occasionally move it between tv's so from the lounge to the study in the holidays etc.

Thank you very much :)

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.