Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there some way to watch Apple TV on an actual TV screen?

Is there some way to watch Apple TV on an actual TV screen, one that is not a smart TV or an Apple TV? I look at my computer all day for work and don't want to look at it for entertainment, nor do I want to spend the money for a new TV when mine works just fine.

I saw a post that HDMi adapters for lightening "reportedly" don't work. Is that definitive? Are there any work-arounds?

And if not, Apple: are there any plans to help out your less affluent customers and allow us to just buy adaptors instead of a whole new TV?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 1:49 PM

Smart TVs that do not support the Apple TV app, can connect an HDMI streaming device to access the Apple TV app that way. Such a device can be the Apple TV box, Roku, Fire TV, Xbox, PlayStation, Nvidia Shield, ‘Chromecast with Google TV’. All much more economical than a new TV.

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 1:49 PM in response to TwoTweety

Smart TVs that do not support the Apple TV app, can connect an HDMI streaming device to access the Apple TV app that way. Such a device can be the Apple TV box, Roku, Fire TV, Xbox, PlayStation, Nvidia Shield, ‘Chromecast with Google TV’. All much more economical than a new TV.

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Dec 28, 2021 7:38 AM in response to TwoTweety

Users have reported that it doesn’t work with Apple TV+.

It may also not work with other Apple TV app Channels, for similarity. No reports known on that though.

It may also not work with services that prohibit screen mirroring (e.g. Netflix).

According to the product description, I think it should work with iTunes Store titles (“movies, TV shows”).

Dec 28, 2021 12:23 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you for that information. True; those devices are more economical than a new TV. However, an adapter like this is about $41.00. Will this work?

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightning-Digital-AV-Adapter/dp/B009WHV3BM/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2R9AISD5NGCH9&keywords=Apple+TV+adapter&qid=1640679670&sprefix=apple%2520tv%2520adapter%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-3

Is there some way to watch Apple TV on an actual TV screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.