Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove facebook/messenger contacts from iphone x ios 13.6

I need to delete a multitude of Facebook contacts out of my iPhone contacts. All of the articles I've read make suggestions that no longer apply to my iPhone, Facebook and Messenger settings. (For example, when I go to my iPhone settings -> Facebook there is no option to turn off the contacts. When I go to my iPhone Contacts there isn't a group link to turn off Facebook contacts. And when I go into my Facebook app settings, I already have the upload contacts option disabled. And although some articles mention a Messenger app setting for contacts, that doesn't exist either. I've also visited icloud.com trying to see if there is a way.) Can anyone help? Thanks so much!

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 3:50 PM

Hi there volta717,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you’re looking into deleting contacts that were synced with your iPhone from the FaceBook app.

You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

We understand the contacts you’re looking to delete are in the Contacts app. If the contacts are stored in a third-party account you can disable the account to remove all contacts associated. -Set up and use iCloud Contacts

While there is not a way to delete multiple contacts at once from the Contacts app on iPhone when using iCloud Contacts, accessing iCloud.com from a computer can allow for multiple contacts to be deleted at once using these steps:

• Click Contacts.
  • If using a Mac, click while holding the command key to select multiple contacts at once.
  • Once multiple contacts are selected, press the delete key on the keyboard to delete the contacts.

We hope this helps,

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 3:50 PM in response to volta717

Hi there volta717,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you’re looking into deleting contacts that were synced with your iPhone from the FaceBook app.

You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

We understand the contacts you’re looking to delete are in the Contacts app. If the contacts are stored in a third-party account you can disable the account to remove all contacts associated. -Set up and use iCloud Contacts

While there is not a way to delete multiple contacts at once from the Contacts app on iPhone when using iCloud Contacts, accessing iCloud.com from a computer can allow for multiple contacts to be deleted at once using these steps:

• Click Contacts.
  • If using a Mac, click while holding the command key to select multiple contacts at once.
  • Once multiple contacts are selected, press the delete key on the keyboard to delete the contacts.

We hope this helps,

Cheers!

How to remove facebook/messenger contacts from iphone x ios 13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.