Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Match formating when pasting into Pages

Hi

I am a little upset that everytime I paste something into a Pages document it keeps the formating of the original source. It bothers me that I have to then format the text so it matches the rest of the document.

How do I paste something so it automatically is matched with the format of the sourrounding text?

Is there a function similar to Word and the broom to match the text format?

I generally prefer Pages over Word but in this case its really frustrating.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 6:28 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 18, 2020 7:34 AM in response to A_Guy

Pages was not, and remains oblivious to any Word features, as it is neither a clone, nor designed to compete with Word. You will find big functionality gaps when comparing Pages to Word. Word was purposely designed to export to HTML, and has better recognition of links and other HTML/CSS styling. Pages is relatively ignorant to HTML/CSS content placed on the clipboard.

Depending on the source of the content placed on the clipboard, it may be incomplete data, or in a format that Pages simply does not expect on the clipboard, and even Paste and Match Style won't help in every case. There is no user means to force pages to use Paste and Match Style as the default solution.

Match formating when pasting into Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.