Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After erasing my HD on my 2007 iMac. I was unable to reinstall a new copy of El Capitan. Message: NO PACKAGES ELIGIBLE TO INSTALL. Is there another method to reinstall the OS X?

I was unable to reinstall a new copy of El Capitan on my mid 2007 iMac after erasing the HD. After the installation failed an error message appeared: "NO PACKAGES ELIGIBLE TO INSTALL. CONTACT THE SOFTWARE MANUFACTURER FOR ASSISTANCE."

How can I get a copy of El Capitan OS?

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 7:59 AM

Try getting it from > How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

If that doesn't work, then you may need to first install the OS X from the original gray disc #1 that came with the iMac, use a retail Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD or an OS X installer on a flash drive and then upgrade to El Capitan.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 18, 2020 8:07 AM in response to Ninork

This bit:

CONTACT THE SOFTWARE MANUFACTURER FOR ASSISTANCE."

is an odd message. It sounds like the system is seeing third-party software, not an Apple installer.

On what media does the installer reside, and from where did you get it? A lot of alleged "free" OSX downloads on the web are not free; you pay because they contain malware. Burned CDs/DVDs often fail ot work as proper installers.

And a side note on a recent development we've noticed mentioned here: FireFox may not download Apple OSX installer packages properly such *** the one available from the link den.thed provided. Use Safari if possible.

After erasing my HD on my 2007 iMac. I was unable to reinstall a new copy of El Capitan. Message: NO PACKAGES ELIGIBLE TO INSTALL. Is there another method to reinstall the OS X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.