Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini

Can i use new iPad Pro for monitor of new Mac mini?

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 9:55 AM

No.

You can only use your iPad Pro as a second display via Sidecar. Your Mac Mini needs to have a monitor attached before you can do this.

The only way, that I know of, to use a headless Mac Mini is to screen share to it from another Mac on the same network. You would need to use a monitor, keyboard and mouse to initially setup the Mac Mini. Then, enable screen sharing on it. After disconnecting the monitor, keyboard and mouse, you can screen share to it from another Mac on the same network.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 9:55 AM in response to alking69

No.

You can only use your iPad Pro as a second display via Sidecar. Your Mac Mini needs to have a monitor attached before you can do this.

The only way, that I know of, to use a headless Mac Mini is to screen share to it from another Mac on the same network. You would need to use a monitor, keyboard and mouse to initially setup the Mac Mini. Then, enable screen sharing on it. After disconnecting the monitor, keyboard and mouse, you can screen share to it from another Mac on the same network.

mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.