Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete File Sharing Cache? Delete Caches (Mojave)

Hello,

does anyone help me find where the File Sharing Cache is stored in Mojave? Will it be in the ~ / Library > Cache? But how to identify in the middle of so many Caches (140 folders), the File Sharing Cache?

I take the opportunity to ask if in Mojave it is good practice to delete all the Cache from the User´s Library, to get rid of caches that are from software that I no longer have on the machine.

Will my applications build their own Caches again, when they are relaunched? Or it is a dangerous procedure.

Thank you very much

(Machine: cMP 5.1-Mojave)

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 12:19 PM

The OS cleans caches on a regular basis. Also, booting into Safe Mode will delete certain caches. You can always search in the /Library/Caches/ and /Home/Library/Caches folders for caches remaining from deleted software, and delete those you find.

Removing caches may free up a little disk space but not much. Removing caches should be reserved to fixing a problem where a corrupted cache is causing kernel panics or prevents software from working.

If you wish to prune caches, regularly, then use software like Catalina Cache Cleaner, Cocktail, or OnyX.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 12:19 PM in response to ateliercunha

The OS cleans caches on a regular basis. Also, booting into Safe Mode will delete certain caches. You can always search in the /Library/Caches/ and /Home/Library/Caches folders for caches remaining from deleted software, and delete those you find.

Removing caches may free up a little disk space but not much. Removing caches should be reserved to fixing a problem where a corrupted cache is causing kernel panics or prevents software from working.

If you wish to prune caches, regularly, then use software like Catalina Cache Cleaner, Cocktail, or OnyX.

Delete File Sharing Cache? Delete Caches (Mojave)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.