Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring SIM card from iPhone 7 to 11. Step 3 of "Set up your iPhone ..." states "... If setting up an iPhone (Wi-Fi Cellular), might need to insert your SIM card first." When is first? When I start Step 3 or before I start Step 1?

Good Day. I will be transferring my SIM card from an iPhone 7 to iPhone 11. Step 3 of the "Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch" instructions states "... If you're setting up an iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular), you might need to insert your SIM card first." When is first? When I start Step 3 or before I start Step 1? Thank you.

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 8:43 AM

Hi PurpleMartin5511, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, we see that you have a question about transferring your SIM card from your iPhone 7 to your iPhone 11. We want to help. This article has the steps to Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

When you get to step 3, you may have to insert the SIM card before connecting to a Wi-Fi network, a cellular network, or iTunes to activate. 

Hope that helps. Reach back out with any questions. 

Best Regards!  

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 8:43 AM in response to PurpleMartin5511

Hi PurpleMartin5511, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, we see that you have a question about transferring your SIM card from your iPhone 7 to your iPhone 11. We want to help. This article has the steps to Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

When you get to step 3, you may have to insert the SIM card before connecting to a Wi-Fi network, a cellular network, or iTunes to activate. 

Hope that helps. Reach back out with any questions. 

Best Regards!  

Transferring SIM card from iPhone 7 to 11. Step 3 of "Set up your iPhone ..." states "... If setting up an iPhone (Wi-Fi Cellular), might need to insert your SIM card first." When is first? When I start Step 3 or before I start Step 1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.