Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Find my phone" app for Mojave

I have a Mac with Mojave (10.14.6) and an iPhone 7 with iOS 13.6. I have not got (or have somehow lost) the 'Find my Phone' (or 'Find my iPhone') app.

I realize that all that has changed with MacOS 10.13, but as far as I can see from the extensive Apple instructions for setting up the "find me" functions on the Mac and on the iPhone that I have found on the Net and have followed, and in addition to the ability to find my iPhone if lost by going to www.icloud.com, I should very much like to reinstall the Find my (i)Phone app. Can any kind person tell me where and how to find and download it — the app for Mojave, that is, not the new combined Find My app for later Mac operating systems?

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 8:51 AM

Hello Michael,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

It appears that you want to set up and use "Find My iPhone" on your Mac with macOS 10.14.6 Mojave. There isn't a separate app to download and install, take a look at the following support article:

Set up Find My iPhone - Apple Support

This section specifically addresses Find My iPhone on the Mac:

"

How to set up Find My Mac

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences.
  2. Click iCloud.
  3. Check the box to turn on Find My Mac.

If you see a Details button next to Find My Mac, click Details > Open Security & Privacy > Enable Location Services. If Enable Location Services is dimmed in Security & Privacy preferences, click  and enter the name and password of the computer administrator."

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 8:51 AM in response to Michael Graubart

Hello Michael,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

It appears that you want to set up and use "Find My iPhone" on your Mac with macOS 10.14.6 Mojave. There isn't a separate app to download and install, take a look at the following support article:

Set up Find My iPhone - Apple Support

This section specifically addresses Find My iPhone on the Mac:

"

How to set up Find My Mac

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences.
  2. Click iCloud.
  3. Check the box to turn on Find My Mac.

If you see a Details button next to Find My Mac, click Details > Open Security & Privacy > Enable Location Services. If Enable Location Services is dimmed in Security & Privacy preferences, click  and enter the name and password of the computer administrator."

Best regards.

Jul 22, 2020 9:59 AM in response to chris_g1

Thank you very much, chris _g1. I have done everything described in the document to which you have given me the link. But one question remains:. Suppose I lose my phone (as I actually did a few days ago). I start up my Mac. Where on the Mac do I now find 'Find my' or 'Find my phone' so as to activate what (with your help) I have set up?

I realize that I can (and, a few days ago, did) go to www.icloud.com and click on 'Find iPhone'. But is there not a direct way of activating the 'Find my' app without invoking iCloud?

(For the record: a few days ago I found my phone via iCloud/Find iPhone. It was on my bed in my bedroom, with a cushion over it so that I did not hear it ring when I called it from my landline phone .)

Best regards,

Michael Graubart.

"Find my phone" app for Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.