Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit the event pick list in the Calendar App on my MacBook Pro?

The Calendar app remembers every event name from the past. When I create a new event and start typing the name, Calendar auto-fills the field from a pick list generated from this memory. How do I delete items from this pick list, such as one-of events?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 8:59 AM

Hi Mitchfrombentley,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are looking to see if you are able to delete suggestions that are appearing in Calendar, as you type the name of an event. We can help address this.

As quoted from: Add, modify, or delete events in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support, "As you type, a suggestion appears with the name and duration split into separate fields. Select the suggestion to use it, or press Esc to ignore it."

There is no information on removing these suggestions in Calendar on Mac, which would determine it is expected behavior as well. You can share feedback with Apple about this function or limitation, here: Product Feedback - Apple.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 8:59 AM in response to Mitchfrombentley

Hi Mitchfrombentley,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are looking to see if you are able to delete suggestions that are appearing in Calendar, as you type the name of an event. We can help address this.

As quoted from: Add, modify, or delete events in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support, "As you type, a suggestion appears with the name and duration split into separate fields. Select the suggestion to use it, or press Esc to ignore it."

There is no information on removing these suggestions in Calendar on Mac, which would determine it is expected behavior as well. You can share feedback with Apple about this function or limitation, here: Product Feedback - Apple.

Best regards.

How do I edit the event pick list in the Calendar App on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.