Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased iTunes files aren't showing in iTunes Media/music folder on PC (Windows 10)

Hi,

I'm working on a video project and have been adding songs that I purchased on iTunes. For most songs, this has been an easy process. I have been going to: This PC-->Music-->iTunes-->iTunes Media-->Music and the purchased songs have been there to click on and add.

When I tried that for another song, it's not showing up there. I paid for it in iTunes (evidenced by the word "play" and I tried to buy it again to see if that was the issue and it wouldn't let me). Instead, the song is showing up in Apple Music, which is protected. It's located here: This PC-->Music-->iTunes-->iTunes Media-->Apple Music

I've tried restarting my PC, restarting iTunes, syncing my phone to my PC, checking my synced settings, searching for the song in hidden folders...nothing is working to show my purchased song.

Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for your help.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 4:26 PM

At a guess you added Apple Music versions of these tracks to your library before you made your purchases. You need to remove the local download, then redownload the purchased items. In the off chance that you still get the Apple Music copies you might need to remove the items from iCloud Music library then check for hidden purchases, which can be restored, and downloaded as DRM free tracks. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support if required.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 4:26 PM in response to vatechuser

At a guess you added Apple Music versions of these tracks to your library before you made your purchases. You need to remove the local download, then redownload the purchased items. In the off chance that you still get the Apple Music copies you might need to remove the items from iCloud Music library then check for hidden purchases, which can be restored, and downloaded as DRM free tracks. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support if required.

tt2

Purchased iTunes files aren't showing in iTunes Media/music folder on PC (Windows 10)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.