Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13 2020 Fan Noise

I got a Macbook Pro 13 2020 today. But the fan noise is too high and it's too hot while I was just using a messenger and a browser. Should I replace it into a new one?

MacBook

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 3:56 PM

I have a MacBook Pro 13 2020 and the only time I have noticed the fan is while it was doing the most recent macOS update (10.15.6). If you just got it today you may want to give it a couple of days and see if it continues as it may be doing a lot of things in the background related to it being new (e.g., syncing iCloud data, indexing Spotlight, encrypting FireVault, installing updates, etc).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 3:56 PM in response to choijis5

I have a MacBook Pro 13 2020 and the only time I have noticed the fan is while it was doing the most recent macOS update (10.15.6). If you just got it today you may want to give it a couple of days and see if it continues as it may be doing a lot of things in the background related to it being new (e.g., syncing iCloud data, indexing Spotlight, encrypting FireVault, installing updates, etc).

Macbook Pro 13 2020 Fan Noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.