Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 water damaged

Dear Apple,

I accidentally splashed my cousins iPhone 11 with hot tub water and her phone speakers have been damaged. I have splashed my iPhone 8 before but it was fine. She put it in a box of rice and now the speakers are damaged. I don’t want to but another. I’m trying to figure if this is my fault of a secondary issue.

any tips?

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 5:39 PM

TheSketchMasterStudios wrote:

I think she charged it all night

Leaving a device plugged in all night will not harm it ordinarily. Charging stops once the battery is at capacity. You can leave an iPhone plugged in for days or weeks if you want to.

So by far the most likely cause of the damage was water intrusion causing a short or corrosion.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 5:39 PM in response to TheSketchMasterStudios

TheSketchMasterStudios wrote:

I think she charged it all night

Leaving a device plugged in all night will not harm it ordinarily. Charging stops once the battery is at capacity. You can leave an iPhone plugged in for days or weeks if you want to.

So by far the most likely cause of the damage was water intrusion causing a short or corrosion.

Jul 18, 2020 6:02 PM in response to TheSketchMasterStudios

Again, we’re not Apple. We’re other users. You’re not discussing this with folks that work for Apple.

You're going to be paying for a repair, or more likely paying for a refurb or a replacement.

Click here to discuss the options with the folks that work for Apple: Get Support

General info:

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

Jul 18, 2020 6:05 PM in response to TheSketchMasterStudios

Anyone in the world is welcome to join these forums. These are Apple’s user community forums. Posters here are just users of Apple products, just as you are. We don’t work for Apple and have no affiliation with Apple.

And none if us have any power to police what anyone who is a forum member chooses to post in any thread on the forum. That is the moderators job - they don’t post, but they do enforce the forum rules and we are all subject to those terms of use.

iPhone 11 water damaged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.