Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to OK a CD before I tunes loads it in

I'm old with a lot of CD's. My question is when I'm in iTunes and I'm loading music onto my iPod when I put a CD in the computer it loads right into iTunes. I remember at one time there was a pop up box asking me if I wanted it to load into iTunes Thanks

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 11:50 PM

Forgive me for butting in, but I think the option you want is in iTunes, under Edit/Preferences/General>When you inset a CD: where there is an option to either:

• Show CD
    • Play CD
    • Ask to Import CD
    • Import CD
    • Import CD and Eject

Change it to Show CD, which then gives you the opportunity to change what you want.

It's certainly there in my iTunes from Apple on Windows 10. I use Show CD all the time.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2020 11:50 PM in response to Msetta

Forgive me for butting in, but I think the option you want is in iTunes, under Edit/Preferences/General>When you inset a CD: where there is an option to either:

• Show CD
    • Play CD
    • Ask to Import CD
    • Import CD
    • Import CD and Eject

Change it to Show CD, which then gives you the opportunity to change what you want.

It's certainly there in my iTunes from Apple on Windows 10. I use Show CD all the time.

I want to OK a CD before I tunes loads it in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.