Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Songs On iPhone XS Won't Delete

I am having trouble trying to delete duplicate songs that are on my iPhone XS. I have the latest update IOS 13.6. The duplicate songs are only on my phone in the Music App>Library>Songs. There are no duplicates in iTunes on my Mac...even when I do a search for duplicates. They only show up in "Songs" on my iPhone. None of the songs have the cloud icon next to them. And I also noticed that some of the songs do not have the correct album cover associated with the song. Not sure why I have so many duplicates or why the songs have the wrong album photo next to them. I have my iTunes settings to manual so they haven't been synced that way. I even saw one song that has been duplicated 4 times in my phone. How can I fix this?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 4:30 AM

Try iTunes > Preferences > Devices > Reset Sync History and then try syncing once more.

If that hasn't helped try signing out of the iTunes Store on the device and then try again.

Otherwise see this post on erratic syncing.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Duplicate Songs On iPhone XS Won't Delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.