Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro thunderbolt ports are very loose

Almost from the beginning, the thunderbolt ports on my mid-2017 Macbook Pro have been loose. Now one barely connects at all. In any of them, the laptop may stop charging even just sitting there. Once an external drive is plugged in, I can't move anything or it disconnects. What should I do?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 7:51 PM

Well, if they had been that way when you got it, I would have addressed this immediately and it would have been taken care of under warranty. Now you are most likely out of warranty, so you'll need to pay for it, but I would still address it. Start a repair ticket using the contact support link for a hardware issue in the upper right corner of this window.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 7:51 PM in response to James at 118

Well, if they had been that way when you got it, I would have addressed this immediately and it would have been taken care of under warranty. Now you are most likely out of warranty, so you'll need to pay for it, but I would still address it. Start a repair ticket using the contact support link for a hardware issue in the upper right corner of this window.

Macbook Pro thunderbolt ports are very loose

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.