Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I disable the keyboard of my late 2016 MacBook Pro while cleaning it?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 10:18 AM

Thanks. I tried this and began cleaning my keyboard in 'silence' just as you suggested. As I cleaned away, the log in window appeared prompting me for my password. I kept cleaning in silence and eventually finished and found the password field hung up. I clicked Restart and logged in successfully with my clean keyboard.

Then I did another Restart, got to the log in window, and found I could just smash keys in silence, simulating a cleaning, overloaded the password field, hanging it up again, hit Restart again and everything was fine.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2020 10:18 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thanks. I tried this and began cleaning my keyboard in 'silence' just as you suggested. As I cleaned away, the log in window appeared prompting me for my password. I kept cleaning in silence and eventually finished and found the password field hung up. I clicked Restart and logged in successfully with my clean keyboard.

Then I did another Restart, got to the log in window, and found I could just smash keys in silence, simulating a cleaning, overloaded the password field, hanging it up again, hit Restart again and everything was fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.