Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to disable internal keyboard of MacBook Pro

I want to disable my internal keyboard of my Macbook (Mid 2014). Is there any way for it?

The reason of this: The button <ALT> seen always pushed; so, I can not use normal keyboard. The solution that offered is new keyboard but it is too expensive for now! I want to use external keyboard and it partially works but because of <ALT> problem, all problems going on except writing anything like this message.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 11:18 AM

The keyboard cannot be disabled but the Option key can. Open Keyboard preferences pane and click on the Keyboard button in the top row of buttons. Then click on the Modifier Keys button in the lower right corner. From the panel that appears set the Option key to No Action.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 11:18 AM in response to demircioc

The keyboard cannot be disabled but the Option key can. Open Keyboard preferences pane and click on the Keyboard button in the top row of buttons. Then click on the Modifier Keys button in the lower right corner. From the panel that appears set the Option key to No Action.

how to disable internal keyboard of MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.