Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do not disturb not functioning iPhone 11

I am using an iPhone 11. I had put a schedule for do not disturb between 11pm and 5 am. I then removed the schedule and turned off do not disturb. Most of my calls are now going direct to voicemail, without ringing or a notifying me of an incoming call. Also, when I send a text the person who receives it indicated there is a crescent moon next to my name. This is a big issue since all my work calls are hitting VM.

attaching a snapshot of my settings.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 5:23 AM

I think I finally figured out that a call filtering program was created the issue. After another hour on the phone with support we deleted all my contacts and then identified a spam filtering tool was sending all my calls to voicemail. I deleted the tool - Call Protect from AT&T was filtering all my calls both unknown callers and those in my contact list. Frustrating that you try to reduce spam and it caused this issue.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2020 5:23 AM in response to KiltedTim

I think I finally figured out that a call filtering program was created the issue. After another hour on the phone with support we deleted all my contacts and then identified a spam filtering tool was sending all my calls to voicemail. I deleted the tool - Call Protect from AT&T was filtering all my calls both unknown callers and those in my contact list. Frustrating that you try to reduce spam and it caused this issue.

Jul 22, 2020 7:16 PM in response to ajc497

Hi ajc497,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have Do Not Disturb turned off, but incoming calls are still silent and it's going to your voicemail.

It's certainly important to receive your incoming calls, and we'd like to help.

If you haven't tried yet, we recommend to restart your iPhone. This can help resolve unexpected behavior: Restart your iPhone

In addition, we suggest to follow the steps outlined in this helpful article: If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone Following these steps can help resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Best regards.

Jul 23, 2020 4:21 AM in response to CarlAVII

I have the read the discussion linked within and went so far as to reset my phone to factory settings, restarted my phone multiple times and deleted all my contacts and only added the ones I know can call. Silence unknown callers is not turned on.

i have had this phone since March and this has gotten me completely frustrated. I tried to go to AT&T and have them swap out this phone for another, but they have asked me to pay to return it for another phone. At this point I wish I had purchased the SE as this is not working for me. I worked with my local Apple store, and they have not resolved this either. I have read all the support articles and I still have calls going to voicemail.

do not disturb not functioning iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.